Friday, July 07, 2006

July 7th

Today was a beautiful day on the water with the K's foraging off the coast of the San Juan Island, between Cattle Point and Eagle Point. We saw a few breaches and porpoising leaps in the morning, and had an amazing view of K14 (Lea) with her calf, K36 (Yoda) and off in the distance was K26. In the afternoon, we had a beautiful view of the matriarch of the K's K7 (Lummi), who is approximately 96 years old. In addition, the afternoon trip had us viewing two Sea Otters off of Trial Island on our return to the BARN. See above photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was one of the passengers aboard the Supercat on July 7th on the 10am tour and I found it great. Never before had I seen a whale, and now I was seeing a dozen of them! I am now back in England and wished I could have stayed out there the whole day watching the whales. I want to thank the very enthusiastic and intelligent marine expert we were privledged to have, you made the experience just that little bit more fantastic.

Yours Sincerely
Jack Duff, 16 years old, limey